Public sector governance is in the spotlight more than ever before. Strategic thinking and determination towards reaching the set long-term goals can bring deep structural changes in an organisation. Resources being scarce, institutions need to secure their optimal usage more than ever before. This conference will discuss examples of good governance even in times of crisis and financial cuts.
Protect your integrity and strive for excellence in governance by updating yourself on the latest news, trends and issues surrounding governance and risk management within the public sector.
This conference will equip you with practical knowledge, good governance advice and strategic thinking that you can apply immediately in your role with confidence.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to hear the latest from the industry’s best, as well as network with other public sector professionals who share your accountability.
What are the ranges of skills needed for effective governance in a changing sector
• Getting governance right and getting your Board on board
• How you can provide choice, including the capacity to broker services to provide individualised support
• Knowing your business and managing risk effectively
• Defining the best skill sets, structures & performance frameworks
Keeping quality & the consumer at the forefront in strategic thinking
• Preparing for fluctuating demand and competition
• How this will best serve providers in a world of increasing competition
Improving strategic thinking & governance to thrive & survive
• What are the things you should know to inform decision making for your organisation
• Understanding your demand and exploring the innovative models to meet it
• Challenging and setting your vision in the new aged care system
Ensuring your staff understand the importance of building relationships to the success of the business
• Readying the workforce to be advocates for your company
• Understanding your culture and what quality means to your stakeholders
Other Sessions on the programme will include:
• Building an ethical organisation – a case study
• Panel discussion - building relationship between Chair & CE
• Governance for startups
• Innovation risk management – a case study
• Interrogating financial statements
• Building leadership capability – a case study
• Building shareholder value – a panel discussion
• Global investment governance trends
ACCOMMODATION: This Conference is non-residential. Participants are to lodge in hotels of their choice near the conference centre. A list of these Hotels will be provided on request.